Happy New Year! Did you not travel enough in 2015? According to TripAdvisor, these destinations around the world are on the rise and waiting for you in 2016.
- Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil
- This city is located near Iguazu Falls, which has over 200 waterfalls for you to explore by foot, raft, or even helicopter.
- Lima, Peru
- With so much to do, see, and eat, Lima is the perfect destination for any type of traveler.
- Banff, Canada
- This city in Banff National Park is beautiful any time of the year, with great spots to eat, so much nature to see, and even a cute village to stroll at night.
- New Delhi, India
- With so much culture in such a beautiful, colorful city, it’s no wonder that New Delhi has begun to see an increase in travel.
- Brighton, UK
- This gem used to be a locals best-kept-secret, but the secret is out. This beach town shares many of the same features as Santa Monica in California, but with a European feel.
- Moscow, Russia
- With traditions like world-class ballet and sites like the Kremlin and Red Square, Moscow is one of the most beautiful cities for a cultural experience.
- Gatlinburg, TN, USA
- With a location at the entrance of America’s most visited national park, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, it makes sense that this city is becoming more popular. Extend your exploration of the national park to include this cute town also, which is lined with shops and restaurants.
- Porto, Portugal
- Porto is the home of port wine, but it is so much more than that. Filled with colorful buildings, ruins and historical sights, Porto will make a great stop on your Portugal trip.
- Cartagena, Columbia
- Located on the Caribbean coast, Cartagena has amazing beaches lined with cobblestone streets that lead to many historic sites, like the ancient walls that are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Tulum, Mexico
- Located on the beach just outside of a national park south of Cancun, there is something for everyone in Tulum. You can relax on the beach, indulge in a great meal, visit the Mayan ruins, or explore the Tulum National Park.
For more, see the MSN Travel article.