When a big trip is around the corner, it’s easy to get lost in the details. While there are items that are very important to pack and bring on the plane, like a passport, there are many other items that you may not have thought of but will save you so much time and effort throughout your trip. Here are some must-pack items, tips & tricks:
For the plane:
- USB charger for phone, iPad, Kindle, etc.
- Change of clothes in your carry-on in case your luggage gets lost
For the rest of your trip:
- Charger travel adapter
- Clear ziploc bags – good for liquids as well as any swim suits that are still wet when you need to pack
- Tin foil – turns a cheap, grocery store cheese sandwich into a grilled cheese with a hotel room iron
- Gym clothes – going for a run is nice after a long flight
Tips & Tricks:
- If you love traveling like me and want to remember all of the details, pack a notebook and pen.
- If you’re a very frequent traveler, leave your suitcase packed with the essentials and some clothes you will only wear on those trips and not in your every day life.
- If you put any valuables in the safe, put one shoe in there with them. That way, when you pack, you’ll look for that missing shoe and won’t forget to check the safe.
- Stuff tights, socks, undies into shoes and roll liquid bottles up in your jeans to save space
- Always bring a swim suit – you never know when you’ll have the opportunity to go for a swim
- Olive oil makes a great souvenirs! It’s loved and used by all and the bottle is easy to pack. Just put it in a bag and wrap it in some dirty clothes in the center of your suitcase to ensure it won’t break.
And when you’re packing, always, always, always ask yourself, “Do I really need this?” and “Can I even carry all of this?” Bringing unnecessary items happens on nearly every trip, but when you start to think in terms of who is going to carry the bags (read: you), it helps limit what you deem critical to your trip.